View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hrich1122

Am I doing the right thing?

So after my husband has expressed to me that he wants a divorce and doesnt want to try. I decided to print out and fill out divorce papers.

I know my mind is all over the place. Especially when my main battle is just staying sober. My emotions are a mess. Im sad, angry, resentful. When I talked to him...he even tried to make it clear that it had nothing to do with my alcoholism but he just wasnt happy and doesnt see us ever getting there. So why bother. BUT... were not in a position for a divorce. Financially. When he doesnt want to be with me anymore he treats me bad. gives the the silent treatment or just responses of yes, no, uh huh. He wants out but wants me to wait until hes ready?

Am I letting my emotions come over me too quick? Were the papers too much too soon? Im on a complete emotional roller coaster (as I know you all understand) just dealing with my sobriety so adding this to the mix....Im unsure if im just acting too quick off of emotion.

I dont want my marriage to end. I dont want my family to be torn apart. We have a 3 and 4 year old. I feel like they deserve for us to give our best effort (which we never have)

I never knew not drinking would play such a huge role on my emotions and actions