Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Yep, a lot of AV in there. I'm glad you see it, Obladi. I agree; you're getting closer. Very close. It's good to see.

You can take as much time as you want. I don't think I could hurry anyone along if I tried. I think people have to jump into this; pulling them doesn't seem to work.

However, I would ask you to ponder something: What exactly are you reluctant to give up? What so great about drinking—not idealized fantasies about drinking, but the actual realities of your drinking—that you'd let it hold you back?

Or maybe it's the fear of sobriety? I can tell you what I envisioned. Boredom, No. 1. And sleepless nights. Stress, irritability... on and on.

Turns out that was just another pack of lies from you-know-who. Early on, I experienced some insomnia, boredom, and anxiety. Makes sense. I was acclimating and in the awkward stage of learning new habits, finding new grooves. But it didn't last. Today I sleep better, look better, have more fun, and am way less stressed. What's not to love?

Ever notice that recovered people will usually say they have just one regret? They wish they'd done it sooner. Have you ever heard anyone say they wish they'd waited?

There is no reason for you to hesitate. No reason to entertain half measures. You know who loves them? Your Beast. Because half measures leave your addiction in complete control.

Nothing can hurry you along. But there's nothing that can prevent you, either, from starting your new life today.