View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
fourmaggie
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Hold on a second. I don't see how saying "you did choose him" is BLAMING anyone for anything. It is a fact. She did choose him.

Honestly, I think you are looking for a professional to validate your wanting to leave. You don't need some PhD to give you permission to leave. You don't need a second opinion. You don't need us or your AH to give you permission to leave. All you need is to honor yourself and do whatever is best for you.

Instead of wasting money on marriage counseling to try and fix a marriage you appear not to want to be in anymore, maybe you should save it to make a better life for you and your son.

My two cents,
L
i think i said this a few threads back about validation...we "think" we need it from others (family, friends, police, professionals) because we FEAR we are making the wrong choice....but for your sanity, there is no other choice....

I suggested awhile back for you to take a small vacation...go, clear your head, there is no harm in that...

you have rights to set LIMITS and BOUNDARIES...

when i was in "grief councelling..my therapist had NO IDEA of the alcoholism role in my family....if she caught on and suggested AL ANON, it would not have taken me so long to 'heal' myself...but that was my HPs plan...i had to find my way...and i did, so glad i did..there was STEPS i need to take to get there ( i believe)

all in time and maybe even more so NOW, you will find your path...grieving the 'old' husband when you 1st married is part of that...he is not that man anymore, just like you are not that wife anymore....

I do pray you will make your choices a HEALTHY one for you and your son and the COURAGE to do what needs to be done