View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Maybe this is just me.......But, you said, Liz, that you "got what you wanted"---from the very FIRST joint session. You said that you were going to see this therapist about working on your individual issues on thursday and that you had arrived at your decision to seperate.

I don't think he is a bad therapist---I think he sounds like genius! I have never, myself, or, seen anyone else walk out after a first session and say: "I got what I wanted", "I feel good", "recovery is refreshing" "I am ready to get back to life" . How did it go from this to "I must have picked the wrong one"??? In a matter of hours?
Is this me......or am I being punked??

dandylion
I got what I wanted out of it because I got the answer directly from my AH, it had nothing to do with the therapist as I could have asked my AH that question at home but I wanted a witness to his answer at this point. I felt good because I am working my recovery, period. I may have picked the wrong therapist because I find his approach to be anti-Al Anon and I don't see how putting behavioral restrictions on my AH is going to benefit anyone. So, all in all, I'm sure it's one of those 'take what you like and leave the rest' approaches.