View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
I will tell you the same thing others told me... when I talked about not like what the MC had to say...

You hired this MC to SAVE your marriage. That's the job you have given him - so keep his words in context with his assigned task.

That said... I'm glad to hear you are going ahead with your own individual counseling... I think that has a ton more value than MC!! IMHO.
This pretty much sums up what I'm thinking. The therapist is doing what you hired him to do: save your marriage. I'm sure he knows where this is going to go, but that's not why you're paying him. Your AH doesn't care about you or your feelings and never will unless/until he gets himself straight first. He only cares about himself and his next drink. This is probably the hardest part for any of us to accept. We simply don't matter unless we're enabling them. If we're doing what they want, then everything's gravy. If we're doing anything to threaten their cushy existence (babysitter, nurse, housekeeper, etc.), then of course it's going to make them unhappy.

BRAVO to you for seeing the light and starting to head out the door!