Thread: Trying again
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
YVRguy

Similar boat to you ready4 , last week was a blur and for now I have a job. While my wife ( and kids) moved 3000 miles away for other stated reasons , clearly my problems with alcohol were an unstated large part.

There was a lot of dysfunction on each side but when the reality of an empty house needing major clean up hit I went the wrong way big time.

I am grateful my wife and I are on good terms and we both adore our kids. I also grateful my boss is working with me to get me help.

I have fought this insidious thing for a long time but I can see now I never fully was honest and at the point where the lies and self delusion was smashed. Repeated relapse for over tens years.

While for now my blood work on liver is okay I still had an ultrasound for what looks like a hernia condition but my GP threw in the liver scan too. I have been with my GP a long time and have probably been most honest with her. I await the results and I am worried.

That first drink is the killer for sure. Whether on that session or soon thereafter we are back to the same pattern and when it stops who can tell. I am powerless over it and can not deny that , the facts speak for themselves. I have the empties of the 10 day rampage that ended last week as clear evidence and shall take a picture of it and put it up just as one reminder that one is never one its a pile of vodka bottles , wine bottles , beer and you name it.

I am on day 5 and this was a bad withdrawal. I abused meds before so my GP is not inclined to let me back in on those. It does get better each day and this can be the last withdrawal ever. My life has been unmanageable for a long time. Living a dual life of alcoholic and somebody else.

Time for me to get honest