View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
My thoughts? Try not to have any expectations. I went into marriage counseling thinking that at last, a neutral third party would validate me and agree with me. Tell him how right I was and how wrong he was. Boy, was I disappointed.

As it turns out, though, my AH wasn't interested in continuing (surprise!) and I saw her individually for about 18 mos. One of the best things that ever happened to me.

L
That's pretty much how I'm approaching it. Honestly, I've been the picture of serenity at home. Taking ds to church, going to neighborhood Bible study, preparing food, doing schoolwork with ds, etc. My intention is to take that serenity to the therapist session tomorrow. I am going to have to work hard to not take things personally, to stay calm and not cry, and to listen to his complaints without being defensive. I'm actually planning on bringing in a notebook where I can take notes.

I had told AH 3 weeks ago that I wanted him to go to counseling but he hasn't made an appointment. He's not interested in therapy for himself. According to him, the only complaints he's going to make in therapy are about the fact that I hate sex and that he's not getting any. Oh boy, it's gonna be interesting and I'm going to put on my sense of humor too, because seeing the absurdity in all of it can really bring a smile to my face, I don't know why though?