View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by madisonblake View Post
I haven’t had contact with my AXBF for awhile now but looking back, it still makes me shiver to think about how verbally abusive he was when confronted about drug use. He was horrible. Towards the end, I knew he was using by how angry he was when confronted. God, he was such a manipulator. In the end, I always found out my instincts were right. The worse he got was when he was abusing opiates and Adderall and Xanax. My god, you never knew what person you had in front of you. That’s when he got really vicious. Have any of you experienced anything this brutal…….”you are a f’n little evil bit—h, you deserve to rot in hell, I can’t believe you would think I was on drugs again, you are an evil bitch, I’m so sick of you telling me who I can and cannot talk to, move on to some other guy to put up with you being an as—hole, I mean on and on and on. It still to this day amazes me that someone could one day be sweet and loving and turn into this raging evil maniac. Towards the end at least I knew I didn’t need to find the pills as evidence that he was using anymore. I just went by his reaction. I’m trying so hard on my bad days to read as much as possible on here to understand this was drugs but it is extremely difficult to separate him from the drugs. Even on drugs, I don’t think all drug addicts act this way do they?

The best part is when they throw out the “I can’t be with you., I am so tired of fighting, I don’t wanna talk about the last two years (yea, because you don’t remember any of it drug addict), I would never use drugs again and that’s all you’ll ever think of me (yea, because you’re still taking them), I just want to move on with my life and find happiness so we need to stop this back and forth.

Did you all experience this level of rage? Not sure why I’m having such a hard time with this today but some days the memories of these words that were spewn are too much to deal with.
Good question.

My AXGF didn't have rage, per se. But she has a vicious streak ten miles wide. She is a sadist. What was strange, and actually very funny, about this is she has no self awareness. She dumped me via text message, sending a picture of her and the new fool -- I mean, guy -- and confessed to sleeping with two other men while living with me...and then she says that she now had dignity, class, and grace...things she never had with me...

< insert laughter here >

She really did her best to belittle me. Do I think about it? Sure. It pops into my head maybe twice a week. But I always remind myself that she's an addict not in recovery, a flaming Borderline, and anything that comes out of her mouth really can't be taken seriously. I mean, dignity? Grace? Who's she trying to kid?

There will be times we all get triggered and we remember things the addict did, or said. And that's OK. A great line I heard in Al Anon is "it's none of my business what you think of me." Don't give what your AXBF said or did any weight, or importance. What's ultimately important is how you view yourself.

Best,
ZoSo