SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - First post. Not sober. Yet?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
awuh1
Sober Alcoholic

Toby I’m going to give it to you straight ok? If you cannot fully control how much you drink once you start then this is more or less the definition of alcoholism. Alcoholics cannot moderate their drinking.

Period

A single drink leads to more drinks which leads to problems. Sounds like you are just at the beginning of the “problems” phase. Your drinking is causing your wife to have a problem with your drinking, and her demands (you to change your drinking) is now a problem for you. Many of us here had to lose a lot before we gave up alcohol. If you stop now you can save yourself a lot of grief but if you are like most of us you will not …. Until it gets a lot worse. That’s because alcoholics love alcohol and generally they have to lose much before they give it up. I hope it does not need to come to that for you.

1 John 1:5 God is light

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.
— Albert Einstein
awuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to awuh1 For This Useful Post:
cheese1 (08-26-2012), IreLander (08-26-2012), neferkamichael (08-26-2012), sugarbear1 (08-26-2012), Uninvited (08-26-2012)