SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - First post. Not sober. Yet?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
TobyS

Thanks for the input everybody - that was quick!

Act1onpack, I stumbled upon the Moderation Management site. At this stage I am considering trying that for 3 months. I have drawn up a plan with some hard rules based on the MM site. If I can keep to the plan for 3 months, I will try for another 3 months. And so on.

If I fail any aspect of the plan, then I am going straight to a local AA and aiming for sobriety. This is my last chance, if I don;'t do it right, then it is time to try something new - i./e. sobriety.

And drinking lots of tea.

Do I have a problem? TBH I don't know. My wife would say definitely yes - she doesn't drink, and thinks I drink too much. If you asked my friends and colleagues, some would say yes, others no. My family doesn't think it is a problem AFAIK.

Am I ready to change my life? Yes, I am ready to change whatever it takes to keep my wife, as she is the best thing that ever happened to me. Am I ready to quit drinking? Yes, I think I am, but as a last resort.

But the thought of never drinking again is certainly not my favoured option at this stage.
TobyS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TobyS For This Useful Post:
neferkamichael (08-26-2012)