SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - A question...
Thread: A question...
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
IWillWin

A question...

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/stories about "milestone" events prompting them to quit for good. I'm turning 40 in a week and although I've been struggling with my AV and white-knuckling through the past several months my sane voice has been screaming that we will NOT face my 40's with this monkey on my back. I feel such relief already...knowing I will finally be free.

I'm just curious if anyone else had a "life event" that helped them, once and for all, to never drink again. Ever.

I hope this makes sense to someone...I'm not sure it even makes sense to me which is why I'm posting it here. Something deep inside me knows this is IT. Perhaps just a convenient excuse to trick my AV but I feel strangely empowered. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm so grateful for each and every one of you
IWillWin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IWillWin For This Useful Post:
blueshades (08-25-2012), flachead (08-25-2012), freshstart57 (08-25-2012), instant (08-25-2012)