Old 08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ananda

My family has concerns about my sobriety. They are not particularly concerned about what "program" I use. They are concerned that there be a plan and progress that reflects it.

The bottom line is that those who want us not to drink want to feel like there is a guarentee. I don't believe any "program" gives a guarentee. But those who care are going to tend to want to "know" the problem is solved once and for all.

For me part of the dealing with this alchoholism is to stop worrying about satisfying others need for security. It's ok they want it, but none of us have it in our lives. Comming from a family that has dealt with alchoholism in most of the family members, there is a strong need for others to believe sobriety lightening bots have landed and it's all over. It really doesn't matter if their security rests on AA or RR or ARVT or some other program. They just want to feel safe. I can't give that safety to anyone. I choose what I will do and try not to justify, reasure or otherwise impact where they are at...that is their deal. Our deal is to stay sober.

Just my immediate thoughts.