View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by changeschoices View Post
Well, yeah, THAT is paranoia! My AX recently told me his boss put a video camera over his work area and has a personal vendetta against him. AX just went on Zoloft and it doesn't seem to be helping--he gets paranoid BUT it's also based in reality--I mean, he's an unstable alcoholic so it's entirely possible he is screwing up at work.

He may be on Zoloft but his drinking negates the effects, anyway. You can't drink on anti-depressants and have them work.
Yeah, when my AH went on Paxil the drinking actually increased. He's still on Paxil now and doesn't seem to think it's part of the problem. Oh well, it's his life.

My AH thinks the world is out to get him, just ask him. He will even admit to the paranoia many times and even say, "I know I sound paranoid, but the government is going to raid our accounts and take over the banks, and then we'll be screwed and you'll be so happy with me for burying all our cash in the backyard." It took all my strength to not laugh. I'm a stockbroker by trade and know enough about banking and the FDIC and insured banking to be able to defend it. He knows this and still had to try to drag out a fight about it, LOL! There were many days in our marriage when I'd look at him like he was growing a second head.