View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Me again: let's talk about paranoia

OK, so I swear my AH is paranoid. Is this typical for someone on Paxil or someone who is active in their disease? He has shared that he thinks I'm being poisoned mentally by my sister's divorce and that I spend so much time helping her out(I talk to her once a day and it's mostly recovery related, as she goes to Al Anon, or I'm giving her financial advice or suggestions regarding the short sale of her house, etc) that I'm transferring her problems and making them mine. He also thinks that Facebook is an issue because I see all my successful friends on there and then I compare them to our marriage and life and realize that it's lacking. He also thinks the luggage I have under the bed is a 'go' bag. Umm, does he really think I'd keep my GO bag right under the bed in plain sight? It's empty and I just hadn't put it away in the closet. Honestly, I've been too lazy to pack a go bag, LOL!

Then, he actually wrote these words for our marriage therapist:
"It is very difficult with all the council that Liz is getting when she goes to meetings-she has her spirit lifted-she gets to be free of me and dwell on everything positive. When she goes to her therapist: she gets validation based on what she says and feels with the therapist-she gets direction on how to move her life forward. When she goes on the internet: she can search to her hearts content to find ways to validate her thinking and she can find people that share or shared a particular situation-why I am an unfit mate, father, and even human being. I know I scare Liz. I make her uneasy-in all this I am to blame. I honestly don't know why she's interested in attempting to salvage a relationship that has been so clearly dysfunctional and damaging to her psyche. I maintain that I only want the best for her and our son. I know that whatever 'best' I have to offer is woefully insufficient."

It's like one big pity party. He also wants to address the lack of sex issue with the therapist. Not sure he's going to get far with that one since I will make it clear that I don't trust him and that the drinking needs to get addressed first. I swear, it's like he's paranoid, pathetic, and seems to just be in a state of pity. I think he's still reeling because I told him I'm not going on the Costa Rica trip with him in October. He did decide to go by himself, though, so I think that's a good thing.