Thread: 6 days today
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RidingHood

6 days today

Today is my 6th day...although its only the beginning of the day I vow not to take a drink today. Do you know with drinking I would get horrible anxiety because of lack of memory of what I did or said in a drunken stupor but I got anxiety still my body is use to drinking 2 or 3 times a week mostly 3 I have to realize my body is trying to function differently the way its suppose to right?

But I do feel good basically. It's weird because a few days ago I woke up and for some reason I had thought I drank the night before and when I realized it was just my imagination probably out of guilt from what I normally felt I was pleased to realize it didnt happen its weird how the brain works when its trying to dry out lol. I have had more energy so far im kind of moody but I keep trying to tell myself its a normal process I mean I am only going on day 6 it didnt take me 6 days to become a binge drinker and it aint gonna take me 6 days not to be one. I shall take it one day at a time but I will make it a point every morning to wake up and vow to myself not to take a drink that day and focus on how much better I feel without it. That great drunk feeling is temporary the next morning im gonna feel like crap and have the worst anxiety and guilt because I am fretting over either remembering or not remembering if I said or did something stupid the night before.

Thank you all for your support I really enjoy it here