Thread: Angry
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
candi7

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I used to think there must be some complicated process for turning lives around and not drinking....but there's not Ken.

We just have to make different choices. We can make that as simple or as hard as we like.

You seem to tend to the hard route - I did too.

Time and again I faced a cross roads...I chose time and again to cling to vestiges of my old life...

and time and again I found myself back in the same position.

The outcome will never ever be different....

Once we accept that, and once we make those choices that we now we need to finally - then we can start to make the other choices that will give us whatever we value and want in life

come on in...the waters fine...it really is

D
The Acronym HALT helps me:

AA and Al-Anon Slogans: Using HALT in Recovery and Treating Depression - *****! Voices - voices.*****.com

Don't beat yourself up, you just have to go on to living moments at a time, not the day at a time.. and if you can make as many AA meetings you can in a day for as long as you need. I've gotten used to going daily and I feel strange when I miss a day.. It makes me feel so much better to be in the company of other AA members-they understand me when my family doesnt. And I know what you mean about those perfect people, but, if we keep striving for a better life, we can find a better way-and have the best for us.. that comes with making it a day at a time and setting goals... I'm glad that you aren't giving up and you are pressing on-I'd rather hear your story than the perfect persons story-You are one of us and we all want you to succeed! good luck sweety!