View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
candi7

Originally Posted by Irrelevant View Post
Thank you all for the support.

For some reason I still cannot get over how upset I am with myself. The thought that I may never be able to responsibly drink, to have a beer with a buddy after work or at a sport's game, to have a glass of wine at dinner or at a wedding, seems to bother me the most for some reason. I am so pissed at myself. I don't blame anyone or anything for what has happened besides myself. I feel like there is something wrong with who I am and I guess the thing that really scares me is that abstaining from alcohol my entire life only fixes the consequences not my inherent flaw.

I feel lesser of a person for even being an alcoholic in the first place, upset that a few stupid decisions have lead me potentially to a point of no return. Even if I never had another drop of alcohol in my life, it wouldn't change the fact I will always be an alcoholic. I never asked to be an alcoholic. I don't want to be an alcoholic. Hell I don't even have a good reason as to why I am one.

I'm just so confused. This problem has hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel as if I am doomed forever, regardless of my actions.

-Irrelevant
It's really not your fault the way your body reacts to alcohol, the first drink sets up a craving in you and you can't just stop at one. In AA they say it's like an allergy and who can blame themselves for allergies... Sobriety is not such a bad thing, although it is hard, it is doable... many are going down the same road and we understand exactly where you are...