View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
walktheline1

Irrelevant,

It's good that you are recognizing this now. Nip it in the bud before your life spirals out of control. Drinking a fifth of night will end you up no where good. And don't worry about your young age. The first time I went through the DTs when I was 20 or so.

As for stopping I'd suggest making a list of reasons you want to stop and doing some hard core research on where your life is going if you keep drinking. Read through the posts on here and meet with an old alchy if you have to. Do as much as you can to fully understand what is going on and why. That has helped me to stay sober tremendously.

I stopped by going cold turkey at home and white knuckling it. It was hell and in hind sight I probably should have seen a doctor before I did that. Once you detox, you will need to find a "program" to keep to you sober. A lot of folks on here use AA or something similar. I personally use my family and friends as my program. I also keep my self super busy with activities so I don't drink. This wouldn't work for some people; you're gonna have to find what works best for you.

Keep asking questions and posting on SR. It really does help!