Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Daughter511

Exclamation HELP PLEASE! My dad's an alcoholic and suicidal and was taken to the hospital

I'm 21 my dads 51. He has 5 bulging discs in his back. Was addicted to methadone for 6 years because of it. His work found out and told him he would get fired if he didnt go off it. He went off it a couple months ago and instead resorted to drinking . He's been drunk 24/7 the last month. To the point of black out drunk in bed. He kept talking about ending it all and killing himself. He was saying just give me my pistol and shut my door. Last night he had a rope in his pocket and was going to hang himself. When he drinks he's the devil he told my brother and I that he doesn't love us and doesn't care. My mom called 911 this morning because he was passed out on the floor in their room.

His blood alcohol level was 2.87 and the nurse said it will be 11 hrs before the dr will evaluate him because he has to be completely sober.Im afraid that they will release him. We hid all the guns and knives in the house so he won't hurt himself. He went to anger management before and has had a nervous breakdown in the past. He needs help and I'm afraid he's not going to get it. I'm afraid he'll get out and kill my mom or himself. I dont know what to do. I love my dad but that guy at the hospital who's been living at my house the last couple months are not him.

He's a manipulator and puts on a very good front. I'm afraid he will convince the doctor and they'll release him.

What do we do?