View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Last night I did this one:

Tapping for Rejection and Abandonment - EFT with Brad Yates - YouTube

I'd like to offer it out to you because alcoholism in a loved one itself = abandonment and rejection. Then there are those of us who have also been physically abandoned, which was my case, and I know several of us are struggling through that right now. Despite my knowing it is best for me to be away from the AXBF, and that it is best he has finally gone, it still hurts like hell to be rejected and abandoned by someone I loved so much.

So, last night, while tapping through the video and saying Brad's words, I cried and felt so bad acknowledging my feelings. And strangely enough, old memories of having been abandoned and rejected by a friend almost 30 years ago came back up. This morning while getting ready for work, I cried some more, from deep within my soul (yet again). But now I am feeling a little better and I feel like my self is accepting the rejection and abandonment with a little more strength. I don't know how else to describe the feeling. I am going to stick with this one everyday for a little while, until I notice more strength. And I'll let you know how things work out, in case anyone else is interested.