View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by bbfmkay View Post
Hey

I'm 28 and have been in/out of recovery since I was in high school. I've had years at a time sober with AA but picked up about 1 year ago after failing to attend to meetings for several months. When I was younger, drugs were my problem and alcohol was sort of in the background. Currently, I am only drinking and can not stop.

I wake up hungover promising myself I will not drink again yet I go to bed every night intoxicated, wishing I were sober. At about 5-6pm the hangover has worn off and I cannot stop myself from drinking again. Everyday. Same routine. For a year now.

Because of my history, many of my friends are in some form of recovery. I have been lying to all of them. My family thinks I am still sober. Also lying there. I feel horrible. I'm tired of lying. Tired of feeling like garbage. I just want to be sober and OK again.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm getting desperate. Having been through this many times before, I know I will eventually hit some bottom again (an arrest, job loss, family problems, etc.) I want to get clean BEFORE something like this happens. Help =(
I think I found your problem ......

It sounds like you are an alcoholic like me. My sponsor used to say "Don't drink and go to meetings". He never said quit going.

What did your sponsor say ?? ......

I think if you get back to AA and commit to it that your life will get back on track.

All the best.

Bob R