View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bbthumper

Wow I can relate. I got sober at 25. I remember feeling scared because I knew my drinking was not normal. I made the choice not to drink for the day on so many mornings only to be opening a bottle of Makers Mark in the car on the way home from work. I consider myself to be among a very fortunate group of people who got sober at a young age. Many folks go on drinking into their later years and it just gets harder and harder and worse and worse. You obviously recognize you have a problem. Are you ready and willing to do something about it?
I found a new life through AA. Its common for us young folks to feel like there is no fun to be had if we sober up. I have found the complet opposite to be true. I have found real friendship and have experienced the best 4 years of my life since sobering up. Have you considered AA at all? You can find the Big Book of AA online at AA.org. I would suggest reading the beginning chapters to see where you can relate.

There are a lot of folks around here on SR. Undoubtedly many who share experiences similar to ours. Hopefully you can find the answer you need. Wish you the best.