View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by bbfmkay View Post
Hey

I'm 28 and have been in/out of recovery since I was in high school. I've had years at a time sober with AA but picked up about 1 year ago after failing to attend to meetings for several months. When I was younger, drugs were my problem and alcohol was sort of in the background. Currently, I am only drinking and can not stop.

I wake up hungover promising myself I will not drink again yet I go to bed every night intoxicated, wishing I were sober. At about 5-6pm the hangover has worn off and I cannot stop myself from drinking again. Everyday. Same routine. For a year now.

Because of my history, many of my friends are in some form of recovery. I have been lying to all of them. My family thinks I am still sober. Also lying there. I feel horrible. I'm tired of lying. Tired of feeling like garbage. I just want to be sober and OK again.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm getting desperate. Having been through this many times before, I know I will eventually hit some bottom again (an arrest, job loss, family problems, etc.) I want to get clean BEFORE something like this happens. Help =(

get some courage, make a decision you want to get sober,stop lying and get back to meetings.
"i stopped goin to meetings" is something i hear from people who return in worse shape than they were.
since you see what the problem and know what the problem is, and you already mention a solution that worked pretty good for years, the choice is now yours.