Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jdubs

What options are available if trying to quit cold turkey is not feasible?

Hello to all. New to the site. Spent the first couple of weeks just reading posts & getting some comfort in that there are others with similar problems. In short, I have what I like to call a dependency (but I wouldn't have a problem calling it an addiction) to percocet, cocaine & marijuana going on a couple yrs now. If that's not bad enough, being high induces me to smoke & drink which then further worsens the situation. I've tried quiting cold turkey so many times, but the longest I've gone is one day where I'm just a zombie at home so basically I realize that going cold turkey is not an option for me & would like to see what others have tried that they would be willing to share. For example, what about support groups, rehab centers, psychiatrists, etc? I'm open to anything at this point. If it makes sense to cut one thing out at a time, it would start with the percocets. It's the 1st thing I reach for in the morning to get me going & everything starts with that. Thx for checking out my posts & appreciate any suggestions one can make.