View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
soberbrooke
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

My life started when I quit drinking. Only problem is that I am now 42. I wish I was 22 and I had gotten it.
I am not upset with myself too much, I have the rest of my life to live sober. I do know that my life started getting and feeling better when I turned my life and my will over to my Higher Power. He-She God, or the Creative Forces have done wonders with my life in the past 8 months!! I am so much happier and fulfilled.
I remember though, not too long ago, I was feeling just like you. I was so lonely. I had no idea what to do with my time, I had drank since I was 15 and now I am 42 - no bars anymore, none of my old friends, alone at home with netflix as my friend! It was hard for a while, but I got over it. I just kept telling myself "I can do this" and I did. I got me a God Box and started putting every one of my problems, dreams, wishes, etc... into it, and then they started coming true! It is an amazing process when I just allowed it all to happen, and give it over. Stay around for the miracle!