View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
I also have incorporated EFT into my nightly routine and to tell the truth, I think I have gotten more benefit from EFT (for free!) than the therapy (almost $200 per session). I'm also benefiting a lot from reading books, especially the ones about disordered, manipulative, covert-aggressive people.

Aw jeez, yes, I understand. I think a lot of women who are of the older generations have suffered many, many decades from their childhoods, and never talked about them to anyone because so many of the things that happened to them were just not talked about. I just want to give your mom a hug. Does she know how to use a computer? Can you show her Brad? I know there is one for trauma and abuse in his YouTube library. It really has helped me to work through some of my issues.

Since AH has been working nights, I'm really trying to use the time well for ME & I think this is the perfect way to incorporate EFT.... I figure if I let it simmer while I sleep I may absorb 100% of the benefit.

My mom. {Insert huge sigh here} Her trauma is enormous, she was raped, twice, when she was 7 at the playground when her older siblings (she's the youngest of 8) were supposed to be keeping an eye on her. {7 years old!! Seven!!??} Her core family is/was strict & hostile & she felt that she had no outlet to turn to & like you said you just didn't talk about these things in 1962 & they also didn't happen to REAL people. She has NEVER, until this past February, EVER spoken a single word of it to anyone. Not my dad, her family, a friend, a priest, a stranger. Yet - she said she consciously thinks about it at least once EVERY day since it happened. I cannot imagine... it's not even repressed, it's affected every single day of her life consciously. She is simply shattered right now. She starts additional group therapy next week but now she struggles so much day-to-day in ways that she didn't before.

If she takes well to the EFT info I gave her, I will definitely point her in the direction of the youtube vids. Thank you so much ~everyone~ for this info.. it is so relevant in my world right now!