View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jennikate

Are you at all familiar with the 12 steps of AA? The first two directly relate to this concept. See below. Most of us here on SR have done things that could only be viewed as insane. I truly believe I am one of the most moral, honest people out there. But not when drinking. That all goes out the window. When I am active, the ONLY important thing is getting and consuming alcohol. Nothing else mattered. Nothing.
Do not give up on yourself. I have almost 90 days and am doing well today. My dh and I were talking today and he said that he knew I (the good, sober me) was somewhere inside there. "There" being inside the different person I was when drinking. Thank god that person is finally back. I will fight tooth and nail every day to make sure she stays.

Step 1:We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable.

Step 2:Came to believe that only a power greater than us could restore us to sanity.

Don't worry about having all of the answers. Focus on the most important one: do I really want to stop drinking? Once you've answered that one...then you can focus on the how.
There are many methods or combinations of methods that have worked for people here and that can work for you too. Don't give up.