Thread: Day 1!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redskinslover

Day 1!!!

Today I am finally taking the leap of sobriety!! I am 41 years old and have been drinking since I was 13. My parents never drank, except the occasional social event, however they drink almost daily now. Both of my older brothers drink almost daily as does my sister in law. My friends consume alcohol but I spend most of my time with my wife and two kids. The one great advantage I have is my wife is a non-drinker. I drink daily!! I usually have my first drink either at 3, 5, or 7 pm. I then follow that with two other significant drinks. My drink of choice is vodka. I am really into fitness and have been using Beachbody products (P90X, Insanity, etc) for over two years. I have lost 40 lbs but can't reach my ultimate goal of getting ripped because of the extra calories from alcohol and snacking!! I am sick of it!! I am sick of having love handles, sick of not sleeping well, sick of waking up tired or with a hangover, and I frankly want to be here for my family for now and beyond!! I plan on leaning on this community. I am ready for a change although it does scare me because alcohol has become "routine." I guess routine essentially means addiction. Let the change begin!!