Thread: Is this ok?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
mamabearto3

No he knows. He just chooses to think the issues I have are him not helping with the kids in the morning (because he's hungover which I've explained is the issue) or that he's short with them (because he hasn't bought beer yet or because again he's hungover). Even though I've explained (to what I now realize are deaf ears) that if he wasn't drinking those issues wouldn't bother me. I guess sometimes its easier for me to argue that I'm upset that he's not doing his job parenting than talking about the real issue.
I guess by warning, I meant, that I was planning on leaving. I've threatened it before and he will usually calm down for a bit and then the cycle starts again. But the other night I just broke. I can't do this. My son was so upset that daddy chose to stay at a party instead of come home (we were at a BBQ for my husband's baseball league and all the families were going home while the younger and/or single guys were staying on to party more). He chose to stay and drink (we didn't have any beer at home). It just disgusted me. Opened my eyes maybe? That's actually when I came online in search of help. I don't wanna do this anymore.