View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tomsteve

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I can accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee - Thy will (not mine) be done." These are thoughts which must go with us constantly. We can exercise our will power along this line all we wish. It is the proper use of the will.

rest on our laruels- to rely on past achievements instead of working to maintain and achieve ones spiritual( in this sense) life.

it is important that a sponsor take a sponsee through the BB so the sponsee gets a complete understanding of the steps, which arent just gone through once, which the 12th step say" practice these principles in all our affairs, which it is rather important to know and understand the principles behind each step, which is the 12 steps in its simplest form. so what i'm gettin a: has your sponsor taken you through the BB? has your sponsor been havin you put pen to paper?

one thing i was very good at( and still can be) is making mountains out of molehills in my life. i had to stop being the director and actually put into action the advise of others to make my life simple, and just how simple life really is was the hardest lesson for me to learn( and now remember).