Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
marie1960

SundayGirl, He is manipulating you. Seems these active alkies all possess a charming, charismatic, quality. They know how to get what they NEED. And he currently needs a place to live. Stay strong, and please do not allow his shallow, meaningless words to sway you.

I have never read on these boards, "I got involved with an out of control jerk" or " I started dating a real loser, and fell head over heels in love". That is not how this disease works. Recovery is actually years away, and without guarantee of success. Just how much of yourself are you willing to invest?

He currently is NOT the wonderful person you thought he is. The disease is showing its ugly self. What you are presently living, is as good as it's going to be. Until he chooses recovery for himself, he is showing you all he has to offer.

Only when I concentrated on myself did I realize the XA could never add value or meaning to my life. Hope the sunshine and fresh air will lift your spirit today. Stay focused on YOU, you are worthy of more than he can offer.

Take Care.