View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Ananda

I'm ok..hope all of you are too!

A bit down this morning...had diaria for a while and of course the nausia for now...its a bit better...been up about 1/2 hour...

Work today, then a weekend of working on some "legal papers" for my bankruptsy ...but we are also making a new kale recipee and stuffing..so there will be fun too.

I probably had the most negative drinking thoughts this morning....Its so nice to know there is not bottle to go to...the thoughts will pass before the liquer stores open and I guess it gives me some practice and expereince in letting go of those thoughts and moving on. Hope it will help make me better at it for when those thoughts come when I could go get a bottle.

I was telling mom last night...I'm not sure how many years I had when it happened, but I do remember a number of years when the thought of drinking or focus on how to not drink simply wasn't a part of my life regardless of what was going on...it just never crossed my mind...I just didn't drink and that was just how it us without any struggle. I'm pretty sure that's a ways off, but I also am 99.9999% sure that I will be there again in time.

For now...acknowledge, don't cling, don't feed, let the thought flow by like a cloud and keep on doing the next indicated thing. Unattended thoughts don't hang around very long.

Mom is getting a bit pushy about how she want's my house to look But hey...this is always what happens after day 3 of her visits I'm stating my preference and then letting her do as she does...I can always change things back when she leaves :rotfxko

And I'm not being ungrateful! It's just how it is and she is a real trooper and great help, wouldn't trade her for the world...She want's me to have a "colorful" shower curtin...fine ... put up flamingos (LOL)...I like white bathrooms, but that's just me and the world doesn't end over which side of the sink you do your dishes in or the color of a shower curtain, and they can all go back to normal when she leaves

It's been truley awsome to have her help and my son and I have enjoyed the last few days. So I'm sober..still a bit sick..fine at work...house almost in good order...the dreaded bankruptsy should be turned in to the lawyer Monday and then...Daily maintance, solve one problem at a time, and I can wait 3 months to start figuring out the school thing...

Well, I'm off to do coffee with mom, get dressed and get to work...time is going pretty fast.

Thank you all