View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FireSprite

I generally don't & in fact my friends & family all know that "You don't ask Fire a question unless you are prepared to hear an honest answer." It's a bit of a joke but seriously I have the hardest time lying & it shows on my face. Often people tell me, "I'm asking YOU because you'll be honest." On the flip side, friends avoid me when they don't want to talk truths.

OT Funny - my sister was teasing my DD once & was trying like he!! to convince her of something outrageous - l don't remember now but it was like "somewhere in the Atlantic is an island made of cheese inhabited by mice" .. fully outrageous. DD asked her twice for clarification & my sister held it together very seriously... "Oh yes! It's absolutely REAL!" Then DD very respectfully said, "Aunt S, I'm sorry to ask again BUT I want to make sure you understand that I'm going to ask my mom about this when I get home & she WON'T lie to me... so again, is this real??" My sister about fell off her chair laughing but had to come clean.

It hasn't always been that way & I agree that lying to ourselves is a bit of a defense mechanism when dealing with A's.... recently I have been regressing through my childhood & facing a lot of lies that I began telling myself waaaay back then. As a child it had to be one of the only coping mechanisms I had at my disposal.

Liz that sounds like a wonderful breakthrough for you, congrats!!!!!!