View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ananda

Hi,

Sorry I didn't post last night...not sure why (scratches head).

Well...things are really going well...no shakes, and all evening no nausea or anything really...

Last night as soon as I laid down I started hurting and that went on all night...maybe nausea but not sure I think it was more pain. I've been up 20 minites and it's starting to fade.

I had forgotten that the pancreatits was going to be the sort of long term time taker with this. When I drank I would pass out for about 5 hours sleep, then wake up with pain and nausea which would go away when I stopped tossing and turning, got up and took a drink....I'm re-evaluating what that really was about. I've had the pancretits stuff before, and I'm seeing a pattern. I think it was not the alchohol that made the pain and nausea go away but rather the no longer lying down. Don't know why that would be so, but when I had this before and got sober it was the same pattern...get up, nausia/pain for about an hour...then fine the reast of the day...then go to bed and start tossing and turning with pain and nausia for about 2 hours...get up..vomit/hurt...2 hours later fine.

It may discourage me a bit in the AM, but since (at least in the past) it fades after a few hous up...I think I'm ready to deal with this.

So I'm off today...try to eat as much as I can ... may take a few days to get my appetite really working. Since I'm feeling ok outside this pain, I expect I will clean the fridge, do 2 loads of laundry get the final touches on cleaning the kitchen done.

right now I just need to get through the next hour or so till the pain stops (it's not like unbarable..just steady)

Thank you all....sorry gotta run and try and get my focus off the pain on on the lovely day outside!