View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
s19m73b

My path starts today...

I went to my first Al-Anon meeting last night and my eyes started to open. I am in love with a recovering alcoholic who is going on five years this november. We would of been dating two years in October but she decided to end it last tuesday. I thought everything was going great with no reason to think differently.
She did seem off but i thought it was due to stress from work, money issues, and her daughter who I love just as much.
I took her on a trip to St Thomas to help her relax and regain her focus which she said she needed. The trip went well but she seemed very distant still and three days after we returned she said she was confused and lost. Said she needed to end it so she can focus on herself.
I wish I could explain how much that hurt me and confusion that i felt and still do. I accept she needs help and I can't provide it to her but it doesnt take away the hurt.
I feel like I could of did more to help or be there for her. I have been reading entries and responses for the last hour which I realize I am not the only one going through this. Any help in how I can start my path on the right foot would be appreciated? Thank you and look forward to finding out about myself.