View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dragonfire613
Resident Alien

Originally Posted by SLD View Post
WOW, $300 to $500 a MONTH just for the office visit? That is just... nuts. I can see $300 or more for the induction, but follow-up visits should be MUCH cheaper, IMO.

My wonderful sub Doc charges $75 for the regular follow-up visits. I think I got very, very lucky meeting her.

I know it is different, in different areas of the USA. And in some places, it's hard to find even one who can take another patient. Anyone reading this, all I can suggest is do like Albeit did, just call like crazy and find a doctor or clinic who will work with you for a recovery that works FOR YOU.

The USA price of name brand Suboxone does bother me, I have to say. I understand they deserve to make some $$, but the medicine seems overpriced, compared to generic buprenorphine.

Holy crap! $75 is the cheapest I've ever heard of... indeed that was a good find. My doc was $120 per visit (not including medication), he is the cheapest I've heard of in my area.. When we had a difference of opinion once, I called around to every other clinic in the area, and the cheapest was like $400/month not including the cost of meds. Safe to say, my difference of opinion was not worth $280/month.

So yeah, if you can find an affordable doctor, do what you have to do to get in and follow the rules and stay there. They seem to be few & far between. Ditto on the price of Suboxone here in the USA. My doc would not prescribe subutex due to the so-called "abuse potential".