View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ananda

Thanks Fandy,

I'm actually feeling like I'm gonna be able to do this. I realized that the things I call "concequences" are what I actually use as an excuse. So I took action to clear up some of the things at work that I do the poor me's about. I have choices and I made some. That takes away 2 more excuses I could use for not following through.

I'm working till Tuesday at 5. I'm not a believer that you can taper off alchohol. I'm flying blind here in some ways. What I really want to do is call in sick, turn tail and run to treatment. But I've tried that too many times and know that isn't an answer. Mom's worried about the no medication stuff too. When I detox in treatment I don't get any medicine anyways, they just keep an eye on me. Mom will do that (she is a nurse) and she isn't afraid to call the dr or 911 if things don't go well.

Having gone through the detox more times than I want to admit, I have confidence that I'm unlikely to have a real physical issue, but am aware of that possibility. I'm going to shake rattle and roll because I'm gonna want to hang on to any reason I can find to not stop.

Crp...the alarm says go back to work.....

I'll try not to over post.