View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

WTBH, I am so sorry you have to deal with a bully. A childish, mean bully.

But on the other hand, I think its time to have a mind set change. In the most gentlest of words here, he is winning and you are letting him. He knows he intimidates you, and he has proven just how far he will go to F with you. So time to get SMART about it all and take your power back.

Think of all the ways to be protected while around him.
#1. Have a witness with you AT ALL TIMES. Do not be alone with him. Your little ones are not witnesses. As others suggested here, meet at the local police station if you have to meet alone.
#2. Take a self-defense course. You may never need it, but the empowerment that comes with knowing you can kick some a$$ if need be is a tremendous self confidence boost.
#3. Go seek that video as HG mentioned. Get a court order if need be. Have a copy just in case.
#4. Get MAD. Stop being heartbroken and sad. Get F'in pi$$ed off. And let your anger carry you in confidence.
#5. What can you use against him? Not that you'd ever actually have to, but where is your card in your back pocket? Surely you have something on him that can be used as blackmail by now.

People can only F with us if we let them. So stop letting him. If this were me, I'd have 911 on speed dial and on hand in a blink of an eye. On top of that, I would have gotten the store manager as a witness, along with whomever serves as their security. Next time, if he pulls a stunt like this, do not hesitate to go into full-on action. Don't allow him to bully you.