View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by JrsJourney View Post
I think someone may have already touched on this but looking at your post I can see what you do want:

I think you answered your own question here and maybe didn't realize it? I put question marks after everything because I don't want to assume that's what you want...but it sure looks that way...or at least it's a starting point. Hope this helps
I just wanted to say that I have read many of your posts and that I am so glad you are here sharing with us. Lots of wisdom in what you have to say and I feel like you've been here forever!

Yes, I did realize I answered my own questions. Tuffgirl asked the most important question of all: what IF he stops all those behaviors, what then? And, that's where I'm stuck. I know he's capable of making these basic behavior changes but the deep problems like the passive aggressive behavior, the blaming, the negative attitude towards the world and his life, and the emotional abuse are the worst parts of living with him. This is why a program of recovery would always be ideal but I can't force him to find that recovery and I can't force him to change his basic behaviors. Yet, I can draw the line and say that I won't live with it anymore and I can change my own path and create my own happiness from within. That's where I am at now, working on my own path and reconnecting with my Higher Power and finding peace in spite of the storm.