Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So many posts on here! Think I read Most of them! That's my issue, too. I've been around music most of my life and love it. I got some feedback on setting myself up if I go to a club (I'm only in day #2, so... dunno), but I feel pretty confident that I could go and not drink. Doesn't mean I'd Always feel that way, but was thinking if I told my friends that I'd have to leave if I was too tempted and they agreed to that then it would be okay. I'm new to this modality of recovery but the "AV" makes sense to me. At the same time, I really don't want to give up the music and dancing. And I've been to clubs/concerts sober and it's actually kind of entertaining to see how I must have looked when I was high! And yes, I did appreciate the music better. Last weekend when I drank a friend asked what covers the band played. "Heck if I know" was my answer! Not good. Want to keep it in my memory if it's a good band, lol!!

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that if we can pay attention to that "voice" and "get out of dodge" when it yells or manipulates, then that's a victory. Dunno.