View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
rollercoaster83

thank you everyone for your support, its good to know i'm not alone in this hell. Tonight was hell - i was on the phone basically from the time i got of work at 4 till about 10 tonight...with my mom, then my sister, mom, sister, other brother...and finally had to call a friend to vent out my frustration! Nights like this remind me i need to set my boundaries. Its my priority now!

@farfaraway - you say you envy us who still "love" our siblings...but i envy your strength to cut your sister out. Its funny, I had the same attitude when i was a kid, i'd stay late at my best friends house then come home to hide in my room - when my brother left when he was 16, i think i was almost happy (but also sad at the same time) i had my parents attention again!

@SSHope - Its so hard to cut someone out who you love! I feel your pain! How does your family manage to keep it a secret? I almost wish my brothers life was a big secret - but for some reason the whole freaking world knows! ...its a bit embarrassing sometimes... I'd just rather keep it quiet then showcase it lol

@findingerica... i agree their money is no good, its not helping him at all...he lives a freaking cushy life - my parents pay for his apartment and bought him furnature - all of which is waaaaay nicer than anything i have...and I have my masters and have a VERY good job! I spoke to my mom tonight and tried to explain why their money isn't helping him - she agrees but the Mother in her can't let go...its a shame.

I'd also be interested in reading that article as well...our home enviornment was in no way abusive...and out of 5 kids 3 of us are well adjusted healthy adults (to a certain extent )
I've studied mental health issues quite a bit and i know for them - the difference between one of us developing an illness is related to our "tolerance" to significant life events...its hard to explain but a graft was shown and it shows depending on where you land in the graft is your chances of having a psychotic "break" from a particular event. One may have a higher threashold then another....and it all depends on your genetic and psychological makeup.

Thanks so much everyone for your support. It helps to know i'm not alone in this!

xo