Thread: New to Alanon
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JrsJourney

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
I am even willing to forego sexual relations somewhat or come to some sort of mutual agreement. Sex is important to me but his health and sanity and our relationship are more important.

Why? What's important to you? He's not the only man in the world, my dear. Remember (and this site will say this over and over) - you need to focus on YOU, and what is important to YOU! I understand you love this man dearly, but you are slowly becoming something that is not you, and with no guarantees that things will be "OK" in the end.

You are right. I do need to focus on me and yes it is important to me. I understand he is not the only man in the world but he is the man I married. I really need to think about what you just said here. It's really hitting home for me. I do need to be true to myself. I would love for things to work out for me and him but I also need to set some sort of goals maybe? Since he is newly sober (3 months) maybe I need to first concentrate on myself and secondly set some sort of goal to see how things have evolved in another month from now. I am not ready to leave him over this right now but ultimately would love for things to be different.

Thank you for your words