View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
crazybabie

I have a brother who is 44 our mom started leaving us home alone for every weekend from Friday evening to Sunday morning when I was 7 and him 5 it feels more like he is my son than brother at times.

My brother started drinking with my mom when he was around 16 I was moved out on my own by then he turned into an alcoholic then came to a point when he drank he used crack . He eventually went to AA and even got his 1 year chip made his amends etc...

Fast forward he started the same process again, then stopped again... he calls himself clean now but he smokes marijuana so he isn't clean and I know he can slide back to his DOC at anytime.

He went from having nothing to owning his own business was doing really good then his new addiction became gambling he lost everything and has started over.

I love my brother with all my heart and soul we live a little over 100 miles away from each other and do not see each other often what I did for my sanity was let my family members know I don't want to know if he starts using, gambling or whatever the addiction of the day is that is my boundary it took them awhile to realize I meant that but they now respect it and have not tried and cross it for about a year.

My brother like yours has the tools he needs if he so chooses to use them. I can only pray for him and love him.