View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
mv6348

Yes... it is painful

Originally Posted by Milly39 View Post
4 months is a short time - run like the wind and don't look back
I was with my alcoholic boyfriend for three years on and off. Last Saturday was a big step for me because I had a big wake up call on how he will never change unless he wants to. Of course I want to help and of course , I love him dearly and still do, but the reality of the matter he can only help himself. It is hard for me because I am a helper, but in reality I need to look out for myself and help myself to love, respect, value the real woman that I am worth. The vicious cycle kept me there in pain for three years. Hope is the last thing you give up and I held tight to it, but I couldn't keep doing that to myself. I realized that I was not happy and my heart was not in peace. Therefore, I am determined.

It is extremely hard and a constant roller coaster of emotions, but I know that at the end everything will be ok.

You have only been there for 4 months and yes, you have invested a lot in four months, but know that I have been in there for three years and the longer you stay, the more painful it is.

It takes DAY by DAY to do it. You can do it.