View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Happier

Here's my $0.02 worth from a males perspective (may not even be worth that $0.02!)....
It is not you! It may or may not be the disease. There are lots of potential causes such as:

1. ED (but I think you would have a reasonable idea of whether this is or isn't an issue). THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

2. HIS perception of how you feel about him or how the relationship has been going lately. For example, some of us don't feel that it is appropriate to try and talk our wives into sex if we get the impression that we haven't been getting along very well lately. In other words, he may ask himself "why would she want sex after we've been struggling and stressed out for the last week? I won't bother her with it." THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

3. He may have a history of sexual abuse. Many men never share this with their wives. However, it can be a factor no matter how long ago it happened. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

4. He may not even know himself why the urge just isn't there as he works through the struggles of life. Makes it hard for you to know. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

5. Any number of other things. Sex is a confusing and delicate thing. Communication and/or Professional help may be in order. Regardless of what it is, I'm pretty sure IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

Hope this helps somehow. I'm sure it is hard to discuss. This scares me to even type it!