View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
KnBlueSkies

Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hi KnBlueSkies...thank you for you post. I know Mafia Island well... it's a 20 minute flight from Zanzibar... so you understand the conditions.... on happier note - great to hear you know a bit about where we live....

I feel as though I have been dropped into a whirlpool of conflicting emotion.... through SR I am NOT jumping onto a plane and rushing to Zanzibar - a few weeks ago I would definitely have. If H was in critical condition then I would not hesitate though...
But beneath the 'momentary' anger and disappointment there is love. I believe I am removed from H - as in I don't think of any possibility of a future. Not possible with him - and this I am clear on. But he is still a part of my life - my families life.
My sister spoke to his previous counsellor (when he was in rehab) - she is giving us advice on an 'intervention'.
I don't believe being involved in an 'intervention' is enabling or demonstrating co-dependent behaviour. His brothers have asked if we are prepared to be involved with this step - and we are prepared to 'assist'.
I am sure many members on SR would disagree- and say 'no contact'. But it doesn't sit well with me.
We are going to let things 'settle' over the next week or so - get as much support as possible - and go from there...
I agree with you about prison... it doesn't help. Causes even more damage.

Will keep you posted.
Hi Lara,

I was thinking about that beautiful rustic area in which we visited. If I recall, the island we stayed at had only a few roads.... which were not anything like people might imagine. They were sort of like trails, and in fact the hotel we stayed at had a cruiser similiar to the ones you described because it is necessary to get around in a lot of places. But Tanzania and some of the other places we went to did have more traffic and taxis... but it still was a wild ride. Its not like where you have left turn lights and all that to keep everyone organized and in their place on the roads. Just thought Id share that.

I dont think an intervention is enabling. I persoanlly think it is good he has family and friends who care about him and are willing to push him in that direction. Its probably a good time for it. (Of course, you have to make your own decision as to how you feel about participating).

I hope things go well; still praying for all involved.