View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Lara

Originally Posted by KnBlueSkies View Post
Lara,

A few years ago my husband and I went on vacation to an island off of South Africa; Mafia Island.

There is nothing that you will do, nothing that you will reject doing that will interfere with Gods plan for your H. My belief is that God often works through people.

If it is your will to truly remove yourself from H's life; then use this as a catalyst to let go emotionally once and for all. If you are able to get to this place, then your business dealings, and all random interactions will be meaningless to you.

Praying for you, yours, and all the victims.
Hi KnBlueSkies...thank you for you post. I know Mafia Island well... it's a 20 minute flight from Zanzibar... so you understand the conditions.... on happier note - great to hear you know a bit about where we live....

I feel as though I have been dropped into a whirlpool of conflicting emotion.... through SR I am NOT jumping onto a plane and rushing to Zanzibar - a few weeks ago I would definitely have. If H was in critical condition then I would not hesitate though...
But beneath the 'momentary' anger and disappointment there is love. I believe I am removed from H - as in I don't think of any possibility of a future. Not possible with him - and this I am clear on. But he is still a part of my life - my families life.
My sister spoke to his previous counsellor (when he was in rehab) - she is giving us advice on an 'intervention'.
I don't believe being involved in an 'intervention' is enabling or demonstrating co-dependent behaviour. His brothers have asked if we are prepared to be involved with this step - and we are prepared to 'assist'.
I am sure many members on SR would disagree- and say 'no contact'. But it doesn't sit well with me.
We are going to let things 'settle' over the next week or so - get as much support as possible - and go from there...
I agree with you about prison... it doesn't help. Causes even more damage.

Will keep you posted.