Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
zany90

it will become broken man, because i have the DESIRE, and the dopamine reward is blocked with the nal, because i have support from AA, doctor, gp and councellors aswell as a genuine WANT to stop drinking...

i think that naltrexone could be used for someone whos in the "i wanna keep drinking" mode in the wrong way... but for me i can personally account for throwing the head up buying a drink and taking it on naltrexone being nothing but "flat" disappointing and pointless, even boring, honestly... i wondered is this what it feels like to drink for a non-alcoholic because its sh1t!

I am learning that the things i need to work on are confidence, social life and possibly things from the past more than anything but i definitely would not wipe these meds off the cards as an additional support for someone like myself... not if they are just used as an excuse to drink.. .even if they are the person doin so will be sorely disappointed when they do drink...

the main thing is to actually take the bloody meds, and do the rest of the suggested things.. it would be too easy to not bother takin the tablet or not bother seeeking help but im past that stage... before i even get my breakfast i take a vitamin B1, multivitamin, campral and a naltrexone... Then i get on with my day, with an urge to be sober, have very good friends in AA who i talk to every day and do try to work the program of recovery aswell.. aswell as being in harm reduction and community addiction

i find it VERY, VERY hard... ive been in jail, ive been homeless, ive been alot of things but after weeks, ive never been where that desire hasnt crept back as much as i want john barleycorn to leave me alone and wish id never met him.. as much as i pray... i take all the help i can get man, medicinal or not...