Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
zany90

Ok thanks for the reply... the problem i was having is basically that i live in the UK, and in the UK naltrexone is only licenced for use in opiate drug addiction such as heroin.

My doctor said he would prescribe it to me "off record" for alcohol addiction rather than heroin addiction, and his exact words were "its getting excellent results in finland, other parts of europe and america, i have one patient on it and he is definitely drinking less and i would rather you take this than anatabuse because i am not a fan of it whatsoever"... He prescribed it every day rather than what TSM states in only taking it on drinking days where the cravings cant be controlled.

I was worried that since the drug blocks endorphines that it would block pleasure from good things aswell such as exercise, music, food, etc etc, where if used only on an uncontrollable craving day it would only affect the pleasure from the alcohol

Since it is not licenced for use for alcoholism in the UK, the information that comes with the drug does not mention alcohol use, only heroin, morphine, dihydrocodeine etc

Then i hear about TSM and how it causes pharmacological extinction etc, definitely am at a crossroads but I know i will kick this addiction.