View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Why?....I still only partially understand.Maybe it's the endless diatribe
of 'happy ending' movies we have all has drumbeat into our brains---the 'come from
behind' victories against hundred-to-one odds that find us TRIUMPHANT in the end.
WHO believed in them to the end? Who was the hero who NEVER gave in?
!
I mentioned to someone that I think movies like Twilight are very unhealthy for this younger generation to emulate. Bella is possibly the most codependent character I have ever seen. Moping over a creature whose nature it is to kill, who has killed, who could potentially kill again. The fantasy that one girl can save him, join him, build a future and a romance. Such an unhealthy story that captivated the imagination of so many. Now all I hear from anyone is how I must read 50 Shades of Grey, I looked up the synopsis. A man with sexual addictions and fetishes who reduces women to his sex slave, becomes prince Charming. And nobody sees how unhealthy these romances are, though fiction? No wonder our society is in a state of decline and we have a steady stream of Codie's coming here who continue to romanticize and coddle their manipulative, abusive addict A sig others. <movie rant over>